This blog is continuation of the Inventory Statuses topic which I have discussed on last two blogs. Let’s have a look at how we can change the Inventory status from “On-hand by location” screen
This option is really helpful if you are focusing on changing the Inventory Status of one particular Location for the selected Item/Items.
Access the “On-hand by location” menu from Warehouse Management Module under Inquiries and Reports.
- When you open the form you would see the below for the combination of Site “2” and Warehouse “25” and Location “FL-001”. And you would notice the Inventory Status of the Item “A0001” is “Blocking”
2. Click “Inventory Status Change”
3. Change the “Inventory Status Change” to “Available” and Click “OK”
Once the operations is completed you would see the “Inventory Status” changed to “Available” now.
In this screen there is an option “show empty locations” let’s explore that option.
4. Remove the location value “FL-001” and refresh the page. There will be two results as expected two locations which are “BULK-001” and “FL-001”
5. Let’s enable the “Include empty locations” and then refresh the page. This will result in appearing the empty locations with highlighted in “Green” color as shown below.
Hope this tip might help during your day to day D365 FinOps journey.
Will be back with another post soon …..
One thought on “How to change the Inventory Status using On-hand by Location screen – D365 SCM”